Register
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 am

Adblock List with IE8 InPrivate-Filtering

View active topics

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:48 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

^that link came from the forums.overclockers.co.uk thread
nitrox wrote:
When i open the inprivate filtering dialog, it wouldn't show the filters I have imported. To fix that i had to restart IE and it would show up as normal after a restart.
Maybe it's a limitation of 32-bit Windows only; I use 32-bit Windows and I can't get the dialog to show the filters, no matter how many times I restart, and on all other 32-bit Windows machines (XP and Vista) that I've tried, the same thing happens.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 
Site Admin

arflech, What cpu or how much ram do you have?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:05 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

fanboy wrote:
arflech, What cpu or how much ram do you have?
Pentium M 2.1GHz, 2GB of 333MHz PC-2700 DDR RAM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

arflech wrote:
Maybe it's a limitation of 32-bit Windows only; I use 32-bit Windows and I can't get the dialog to show the filters, no matter how many times I restart, and on all other 32-bit Windows machines (XP and Vista) that I've tried, the same thing happens.

I tried with Internet Explorer 8 64 bit in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I am still able to reproduce the issues i told you. I think it is because it had to pull everything off registry every time which makes it slow. the 64 bit version of IE doesn't support flash.

I am still waiting for IE 9 Beta to see if they have any improvements in Inprivate filtering. 2 more days to go for the beta release. It is on 15/09/2010

Fanboy List Forum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

nitrox wrote:
the 64 bit version of IE doesn't support flash
not sure what that had to do with anything ITT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:55 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

I did a quick check and IE 9 seems to support white listing but the problem is it supports only whole domain white listing. Which is a bit of a problem.
Currently i don't have a machine with IE 8 so i will check later and let you know about it.
I will look further into white listing and see if anything can be done.

You can also post any false positives or missing ads in IE and i will try to go through them.
Also feel free to post any suggestions or changes that can help to improve the list.

Microsoft has mentioned that they are adding Do not Track which allows to use subscriptions lists. Will go through them when i get hold of an IE 9 RC build.

Fanboy List Forum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 pm  Reply with quote Report this post 

I started to use this filter list from Miss Viki: http://quero.at/adblock_ie_xml.php

Then IE9 RC came out and replaced InPrivate Filtering with Tracking Protection; now I use this guide: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpo ... stcount=59

Basically, click here to get the TPL version of EasyList without element-hiding filters (I wasn't able to post the link directly here), and go here to get the more privacy-related lists (including EasyPrivacy): http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Brows ... fault.html

I would love to see the Adult/Dating addon automatically translated in the same way, along with the other lists: http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8049#p32422

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

thanks,very interesting.
i still work in IE8..i forgot about quero toolbar.one question ..that i remember quero toolbar disable completly flash videos..so the problem is when we want to watch youtube or justintv.
was thsi corrected?
there was a person posting filters here for inprivate using http://cid-83edeb637d37824c.office.live ... =352905910
last was jan9..
maybe the official forum still support,but don't know where it is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 am  Reply with quote Report this post 

I believe that there's an option in Quero Toolbar to turn off Flash blocking per site or altogether; BTW this is completely superseded in IE9 RC with its ActiveX Filtering, with similarly low granularity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:23 am  Reply with quote Report this post 
nitrox wrote:
Note: Adblock Filters for Internet Explorer is not supported Officially.

Updated: 04 February 2011

Before adding/updating the new filters remove all existing filters. Download and extract the zip file, then import the main list.
Download Main List

The stats list is to be used with Main list, so you can add the stats list after you have added the main list.
Download Stats List

Below is a merged version of Main and stats list. You can skip the above steps if you want to use main and stats list combined. Just clear existing rules, Download and Extract the zip file and then import the xml.
Download Main + Stats List Combined

I download the list, but it looks like it was last updated 4th Feb 2011, is it no longer getting update?

Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next